Position: QA Tester with State Government Health & Human Services (HHS)
Location: Roseville, CA
Duration: 36 Months
Interviews – 1st will be over the phone. 2nd will be in person.
- Need Testing candidate with State Government Health & Human Services (HHS) expertise and having someone who has tested an integrated eligibility welfare system.
- Construction of test scenarios, test scripts, and functional test reports
- Execution of test scenarios and scripts on a time bound deadline
- Perform software and system verification and validation testing with application of both manual test and automated test tools
- Perform analysis, research, and problem duplication of software; validate compliance and usability; and document defects and anomalies.
- Test and validate developed reporting products against requirements.
- Products may include static and adhoc reports, drilldowns, dashboards, and scorecards
- Map test cases and results to software requirements and manage Technical Data Packages from test to deployment
- Follow processes and procedures and identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in and conduct software peer reviews
- Author software test plans, cases, reports, and capture and report test metrics
- Effectively and actively communicate with the engineering team, management, and the Customer
- Accountable for accurate testing results
- A good understanding of the Use Case Methodology for validation requirements is a plus
Skills and experience:
- 3-8 years of Software Application Testing
- Strong Experience developing test scripts based on requirements and specifications captured in the requirements, system and data design documents, and RTM
- Manual and Automated Testing Experience.
- Writing Test Script
- Regression Testing
- A proven knowledge of testing technologies, tools and methods
- Automated Testing Tools (Winrunner, Rational Functional Tester, ClearQuest)
- Experience work with business analysts, report developers, Software Engineers, Data Developers, UI Engineers and DBAs.
- Bug Tracking tools (i.e. Jira)