Position: OpenNMS Consultant
Exp: 4+ years
Responsible for the Open NMS setup, management and monitoring and execution of requirements by working with the applications and networking teams to identify components to be monitored. Review business requirements and improve monitoring of Open NMS Platform.
- Provide expertise to leverage MIBs, OIDs, SNMP and WMI performance counters to diagnose and troubleshoot network problems. Detect and verify performance issues and network faults.
- Provide expertise to help improve custom properties that meets the needs of client and remove unused components. Perform cleanup of unused and obsolete elements.
- Responsible for the management of the service agreement with the third party consulting partners identified to play a role in supporting the monitoring solutions through long term partner engagements to perform health check activities on a quarterly basis and engage resources to identify opportunities to improve the monitoring toolset.
- Implement device monitoring using SNMP version. Network Configuration Manager Review for all devices. Perform housekeeping on networking devices.
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures and troubleshooting issues that may be encountered.
- Responsible for performing periodic procedures as documented to ensure reliable operations of systems and applications.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities. Determine operational, technical and support requirements to carry out various agency initiatives.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by Client.
- Work with multiple stakeholders in managing the CMDB at enterprise level.
- Self-directed: works independently and is able to fulfill job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times.
- Assists Operations Control management increase departmental effectiveness by identifying opportunities for improvement and suggesting superior alternatives.
- Trains other staff in new technologies, methods or process, when required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to independently solve complex technical issues.
- Team player & Provides extraordinary service.
- Experience of using automation tools and technologies for build and deployment and integration with monitoring tools.
- Extensive experience in deploying & monitoring end-to-end infrastructures to support back office functions across multiple Data Centre’s.