Position: Data Center Hands and Feet Support
Location: Rocklin, CA / Chandler, AZ / SFO, CA
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for timely execution of data center services such as remote hands, customer installations and service requests.
- Act as primary technical and operational contact for data center customers – both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day to day operations. Develop knowledge of customer’s core business and the business function of the customer’s local datacenter operation.
- Datacenter hardware technician, able to support data center operations & activities, able to lift servers & network devices which are heavy, racking, cabling, unracking etc in the datacenter, able to support most of the industry standard server, storage and network infrastructure from Cisco hardware, Dell & IBM servers, able to support remote teams as hands & feet.
- Execute all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24×7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Supervises all vendor activity and installations, in coordination with internal and external teams, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards. Witness testing of all equipment during commissioning and validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation.
- Manages all local customer installations, in coordination with local data center provider as well as engineering and operational teams
- Colocation Operations to coordinate customer move-ins and turn-ups, including deployments, power circuit installations and connectivity requirements.
- Oversees local installation, maintenance and repair of all network infrastructure supporting all Digital Realty and customer connectivity in coordination with internal IT and network personnel.
- Develop, implement and audit local standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to be in compliance with GapTech standards and industry best practices.
- Supervise local change management processes including the review and approval of all Method of Procedures (MOPs) for maintenance and one-time/emergency repair events in coordination with onsite personnel, contractors and customers.
- Manage all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to Gaptech’s performance standards and scopes of work.
- Manage technical and operational incidents at the property, including the implementation of emergency response procedures, resource coordination, customer communication, root-cause analysis and post event remediation.
- Identify trends and analyze risks to articulate implications and impact to data center operations. Track operational metrics and other data to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
- Identify process based improvements that generate operational and financial efficiencies including the development and presentation of the business case.